The exterior walls, trim, doors and window casings of every structure and accessory building should be structurally sound and kept painted and / or coated to prevent decay. Paint should be lead-free. Exteriors should be free of broken or unusable windows, crumbling stone or brick, peeling paint or other conditions that reflect deterioration. Design schemes must be designed to eliminate obvious negative impacts on surrounding properties.
Yard areas of real estate shall not be permitted to deteriorate or remain in a condition that is not in accord with the following:
- Yard areas shall be kept in a clean and sanitary condition, free from any accumulation of combustible or noncombustible materials, debris, or refuse.
- Yards shall not be used to store appliances, furnaces, hot water heaters, water softeners, or building material not used within 10 days, or any unsightly bulk items.
- Landscaping, plantings and other decorative surface treatments, including common species of grass, shall be installed if necessary and maintained to present an attractive appearance in all court and yard areas.
- Lawns shall be maintained to a height in compliance with city ordinances.
- Plantings shall be maintained as not to present hazards to adjoining properties or to persons or vehicles traveling on public ways and shall be maintained so as to enhance the appearance and value of the property on which located, and thereby the appearance and value of the neighborhood and city.