Drop-Off Site & E-Waste
E-WASTE AND TIRE DROP-OFF RESUMING 7/13
Effective July 13th, 2020
The Public Works building is fully staffed but access to the building is limited to staff only.
E-Waste and tire drop-off will resume July 13, 2020 with the following modifications:
- Residents will remain in lobby area to minimize close interactions.
- Exact change cash or check payments only – staff will not make change/handle money.
- Payments will placed by the customer into the provided envelopes and dropped into the drop-box in the building lobby.
- The lobby intercom will be used to establish residency and payment totals, and to answer any questions residents may have.
- Fee items will ONLY be accepted during open office hours; M-F 8:00am - 3:30pm.
Thank you for cooperation keeping residents and staff safe during this time!
CURBSIDE BULK ITEM COLLECTION RESUMED
Effective June 8, 2020
Starting Monday, June 8th, Waste Management will resume normal curbside bulk waste collection. The temporary green dumpsters located at the Public Works Drop-Off Site will be removed on Friday, June 12th. Please see the Public Works Refuse and Recycling webpage for information on what is acceptable curbside bulk waste. The Drop-Off Site will not accept bulk waste after the dumpsters have been removed. Acceptable materials at the Drop-Off Site are metals, extra cardboard, yard waste, and brush. Fee items, such as electronics or tires, and waste motor oil are not accepted while the Public Works office remains closed to the public.
The Public Works Department and Waste Management appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation during this time. Please call 608-845-6695 with any questions.
DROP OFF SITE DURING COVID-19
- The Public Works Drop Off Site is still open for non-fee items such as yard waste and brush, metals, and cardboard.
- Please note that spring leaves and yard waste are not picked up curbside and must be brought to the Drop Off Site.
- Site hours are Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm. Starting April 4th, the site will have Saturday hours from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- E-waste and tires will be accepted with modifications beginning July 13; please see above update for details.
- When using the Drop Off Site, please use safe social distancing practices and give others space while they unload.
NO COMMON HOUSEHOLD WASTE IS ACCEPTED AT THIS FACILITY. Bulk waste can be taken to the Dane County Landfill. For more information, call 838-9555
Hours: April 1 – Mid-November
Saturday 8:00am - 3:00pm
Monday 7:00am - 7:00pm
Tuesday – Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm
Mid-November through March 31
Monday - Friday
7:00am to 3:30pm
ACCEPTED ITEMS AT THE FACILITY (NO FEE except for tires)
- Metals (items 50% or more metal)
- All Appliances: AC units, stoves, refrigerators,
microwaves, washers, dryers, water heaters etc.
- Lawn Mowers
- Waste oil/oil filters
- Landscape brick/block Landscape timbers
- Yard Waste (un-bagged)
- Brush (put in yard waste bin)
- Tires (maximum of four, must be off rim) $5/tire
- Residential cardboard
- Television 27” or less $10.00
- Televisions greater than 27” $15.00
- Computers : desktop, laptop, notebook $5.00
- Desktop printers $2.00
- Computer monitors $5.00
- Computer accessories: keyboards, speakers $2.00/ea.
- DVD, VCR, DVR and other players $5.00
- Fax machines $5.00
- Cell phones $2.00
Public Works Director
Assistant Public Works Director
410 Investment Court
Verona, WI 53593
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.