Drop-Off Site & E-Waste
BULK ITEM COLLECTION SUSPENDED
Effective April 6, 2020 - June 15, 2020*
*Please note: end date is subject to change without notice.
be temporarily suspending curbside bulk item collection to protect WM drivers from potential exposure to the virus on the surface of bulk items.
During this time, if an item can fit in your cart, please put it in your cart to ensure pickup. Waste Management and the Public Works Department will not perform any special curbside pickups.
To offset the suspension of curbside bulk collection, Waste Management will supply a dumpster at the Public Works Drop Off Site (410 Investment Ct.) for City residents’ use. The dumpster will be available during regular Site hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm. It will be labeled "Bulk Refuse Only". Only those items otherwise accepted as bulk waste curbside are allowed in the dumpster. No electronic waste or hazardous waste will be allowed.
All bulk items must be placed in the dumpster by the owner.
Any bulk item not directly put inside the dumpster for disposal exposes others to unnecessary risks and will result in the removal of the dumpster service, and there will be no bulk collection service provided until all restrictions have been lifted.
When using the Drop Off Site, please use safe social distancing practices and give others space while they unload.
The Public Works Department and Waste Management appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation during this time. Please call 608-845-6695 with any questions.
DROP OFF SITE DURING COVID-19
- The Public Works Drop Off Site is still open for non-fee items such as yard waste and brush, metals, and cardboard.
- Please note that spring leaves and yard waste are not picked up curbside and must be brought to the Drop Off Site.
- Site hours are Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm. Starting April 4th, the site will have Saturday hours from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- E-waste, used oil, and tires will not be accepted until the office reopens to the public.
NO COMMON HOUSEHOLD WASTE IS ACCEPTED AT THIS FACILITY. Bulk waste can be taken to the Dane County Landfill. For more information, call 838-9555
Hours: April 1 – Mid-November
Saturday 8:00am - 3:00pm
Monday 7:00am - 7:00pm
Tuesday – Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm
Mid-November through March 31
Monday - Friday
7:00am to 3:30pm
ACCEPTED ITEMS AT THE FACILITY (NO FEE except for tires)
- Metals (items 50% or more metal)
- All Appliances: AC units, stoves, refrigerators,
microwaves, washers, dryers, water heaters etc.
- Lawn Mowers
- Waste oil/oil filters
- Landscape brick/block Landscape timbers
- Yard Waste (un-bagged)
- Brush (put in yard waste bin)
- Tires (maximum of four, must be off rim) $5/tire
- Residential cardboard
- Television 27” or less $10.00
- Televisions greater than 27” $15.00
- Computers : desktop, laptop, notebook $5.00
- Desktop printers $2.00
- Computer monitors $5.00
- Computer accessories: keyboards, speakers $2.00/ea.
- DVD, VCR, DVR and other players $5.00
- Fax machines $5.00
- Cell phones $2.00
Public Works Director
Assistant Public Works Director
410 Investment Court
Verona, WI 53593
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.