CTH PD (Woods Road to CTH M)
General Project Information:
The reconstruction of CTH PD between Woods Road and CTH M includes earthwork, storm sewer, base aggregate, concrete curb and gutter, HMA pavement, and street lighting. The overall work is scheduled for completion on October 30, 2020 with several interim completion dates.
The reconstruction of CTH PD expands the corridor from a two lane to a four lane divided roadway to tie into the improvements west of Woods Road and at CTH M / CTH PD intersection.
Below is a link to the figures of the project.
CTH PD Roll Plot (Woods Road to CTH M) - No Aerial.pdf
CTH PD Roll Plot (Woods Road to CTH M) - With Aerial.pdf
A single lane in each direction will remain open unless otherwise posted by portable changeable message sign.
Minor blitz closures may be required for utility work on the weekends if necessary; any closures will be posted by portable changeable message sign.
Traffic Closure Information and Dates:
- CTH PD will be closed between Woods Road and Windswept Way.
- Access to University Ridge Golf Course can be obtained from the east.
- Access to Windswept Way can be obtained from the east.
- The westbound CTH PD underpass at the CTH M intersection will remain open for access to local residences and University Ridge Golf Course.
- See detour map “CTH PD (Woods Road to Windswept Way) - Closure and Detour Map.pdf”
- CTH PD will be closed starting Saturday October 19, 2019 at 6am.
- CTH PD will be re-opened by Monday October 21, 2019 at 6am.
- This schedule is weather dependent and please watch for portable changeable message system along the roadway for updates.
- Detour map link
Below is the anticipated schedule and subject to change.
August 2019 - Construction commence
August 2019 through November 2019 –
- Stage 1 and Stage 2 is temporary widening of CTH PD, between Woods Road and CTH M
- Utility re-locations for stage 1 and 2 work
- Storm sewer construction from east to west, south of existing roadway
November 2019 – March 2020
- Utility joint trench
- Storm sewer construction from east limits to west limits, south of existing roadway
March 2020 – July 2020
- Stage 3 construction of new eastbound lanes, south of the 2019 current travel lanes
- At the end of stage 3 traffic will be switched to the newly constructed lanes
July 2020 – September 2020
- Stage 4 construction will remove the existing roadway section and construct the new roadway section for the future westbound lanes
- Traffic will be bi-directional on the new eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
September 2020 – October 2020
- Stage 5 construction will be completing the medians and remove the crossovers from Stage 4.
- Traffic will be on new pavement with a single lane in each direction on the outside lane