FREE E-WASTE DAY CANCELLED FOR 2020
To ensure the health and safety of our workers and community, the City of Verona has cancelled the 2020 Free E-waste Day, normally scheduled on a Saturday in October. The Public Works Drop-off site at 410 Investment Ct is currently accepting all e-waste items for nominal recycling fees for City of Verona residents. Fee items are accepted 8:00am - 3:30pm, Monday-Friday. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
E-WASTE AND TIRE DROP-OFF RESUMING 7/13
Effective July 13th, 2020
The Public Works building is fully staffed but access to the building is limited to staff only.
E-Waste and tire drop-off will resume July 13, 2020 with the following modifications:
- Residents will remain in lobby area to minimize close interactions.
- Exact change cash or check payments only – staff will not make change/handle money.
- Payments will placed by the customer into the provided envelopes and dropped into the drop-box in the building lobby.
- The lobby intercom will be used to establish residency and payment totals, and to answer any questions residents may have.
- Fee items will ONLY be accepted during open office hours; M-F 8:00am - 3:30pm.
Thank you for cooperation keeping residents and staff safe during this time!
CURBSIDE BULK ITEM COLLECTION RESUMED
Effective June 8, 2020
Starting Monday, June 8th, Waste Management will resume normal curbside bulk waste collection. The temporary green dumpsters located at the Public Works Drop-Off Site will be removed on Friday, June 12th. Please see the Public Works Refuse and Recycling webpage for information on what is acceptable curbside bulk waste. The Drop-Off Site will not accept bulk waste after the dumpsters have been removed. Acceptable materials at the Drop-Off Site are metals, extra cardboard, yard waste, and brush. Fee items, such as electronics or tires, and waste motor oil are not accepted while the Public Works office remains closed to the public.
The Public Works Department and Waste Management appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation during this time. Please call 608-845-6695 with any questions.
DROP OFF SITE DURING COVID-19
- The Public Works Drop Off Site is still open for non-fee items such as yard waste and brush, metals, and cardboard.
- Please note that spring leaves and yard waste are not picked up curbside and must be brought to the Drop Off Site.
- Site hours are Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm. Starting April 4th, the site will have Saturday hours from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- E-waste and tires will be accepted with modifications beginnining July 13th; please see above update for details.
- When using the Drop Off Site, please use safe social distancing practices and give others space while they unload.
Directed by Theran Jacobson, the Public Works Department is responsible for the year-round maintenance of streets, sidewalks, street lighting, and storm sewers, as well as oversight for refuse and recycling, sewer and water utilities, and other general street and / or utility related issues that face the city.
Public Works Director
Assistant Public Works Director
410 Investment Court
Verona, WI 53593
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.