Refuse & Recycling
E-WASTE AND TIRE DROP-OFF RESUMING 7/13
Effective July 13th, 2020
The Public Works building is fully staffed but access to the building is limited to staff only.
E-Waste and tire drop-off will resume July 13, 2020 with the following modifications:
- Residents will remain in lobby area to minimize close interactions.
- Exact change cash or check payments only – staff will not make change/handle money.
- Payments will placed by the customer into the provided envelopes and dropped into the drop-box in the building lobby.
- The lobby intercom will be used to establish residency and payment totals, and to answer any questions residents may have.
- Fee items will ONLY be accepted during open office hours; M-F 8:00am - 3:30pm.
Thank you for cooperation keeping residents and staff safe during this time!
CURBSIDE BULK ITEM COLLECTION RESUMED
Effective June 8, 2020
Starting Monday, June 8th, Waste Management will resume normal curbside bulk waste collection. The temporary green dumpsters located at the Public Works Drop-Off Site will be removed on Friday, June 12th. Please see the Public Works Refuse and Recycling webpage for information on what is acceptable curbside bulk waste. The Drop-Off Site will not accept bulk waste after the dumpsters have been removed. Acceptable materials at the Drop-Off Site are metals, extra cardboard, yard waste, and brush. Fee items, such as electronics or tires, and waste motor oil are not accepted while the Public Works office remains closed to the public.
The Public Works Department and Waste Management appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation during this time. Please call 608-845-6695 with any questions.
DROP OFF SITE DURING COVID-19
- The Public Works Drop Off Site is still open for non-fee items such as yard waste and brush, metals, and cardboard.
- Please note that spring leaves and yard waste are not picked up curbside and must be brought to the Drop Off Site.
- Site hours are Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm. Starting April 4th, the site will have Saturday hours from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- E-waste and tires will be accepted with modifications beginning July 13; please see above update for details.
- When using the Drop Off Site, please use safe social distancing practices and give others space while they unload.
The Public Works Department oversees the collection of Refuse and Recycling for one, two, three and four unit residential properties in the City. Refuse and recycling collection is under contract with Waste Management, Inc. of Madison. No retail, commercial or industrial properties are included in the City’s contract with Waste Management.
Waste Management provides weekly refuse collection and biweekly automated recycling collection. Waste Management sponsors a free E-Waste disposal day at the Public Works Drop Off Site to City of Verona residents. The exact date of the free E-Waste drop off will be printed on the third quarter utility bills annually. It usually takes place on a Saturday in October. In addition the City provides E-Waste disposal at the drop off site to City residents for a fee. The special charge for refuse and recycling will be $176 for the year 2019.
Wisconsin Recycling Company
Residents can also bring items to Dok's Klassik Tavern, 410 W. Verona Ave. the first Monday of each month from 4:00-6:00 p.m. Items accepted: aluminum cans, aluminum foil, aluminum pots and pans, aluminum doors, chairs, and window...Anything aluminum! (Please remove glass, metal screws, plastic or wood). Also accepted: copper and brass, car, truck and tractor batteries, Christmas lights and electrical wire.
Some items that are not included with your weekly pick-up (such as yard waste, old appliances and electronics) may be brought to the Public Works drop-off site. There will be a fee for tires (must be off-rim) and electronic waste drop-off, payable by cash or check only.
Public Works Director
Assistant Public Works Director
410 Investment Court
Verona, WI 53593
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Drop-Off Site Hours