Voter ID

A Photo ID is now required to receive a ballot in all elections. Please note, there is not a separate "Voter ID" card.  For more information regarding Voter ID click on the following link.  Voter ID

What can I use as photo ID to vote?

The following photo IDs are acceptable for voting purposes. Any IDs outside of those listed are not acceptable forms of Photo ID. Expired IDs are permissible as long as they expired after the most recent general election (November 6, 2018). 
  • A Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license, even if driving privileges are revoked or suspended.
  • A Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card
  • Military ID card issued by the U.S. Uniformed Services 
  • A Veterans Affairs ID Card 
  • A U.S. passport book or card 
The following are also acceptable: 
  • A certificate of naturalization (must have been issued no earlier than two years before the date of the election)
  • An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin 
  • A driver license receipt issued by the Wisconsin DOT (valid 45 days from date issued)
  • An identification card receipt issued by the Wisconsin DOT (valid 45 days from date issued) 
  • A photo identification card issued by a Wisconsin accredited college or university, or technical college that contains the following: date the card was issued, signature of student, expiration date no later than two years after date of issuance. The university or college ID must be accompanied by a separate document that proves enrollment, such as a tuition fee receipt, enrollment letter or class schedule. 
Click here to find out how to get a Wisconsin Driver License or ID card. 

An acceptable Photo ID for voting does not have to include a current address.

Do I need a Photo ID to vote absentee?

In-Person Absentee Voters in Clerk's Office 
All in-person absentee voters must show Photo ID every time they vote in the clerk's office. Having provided identification with prior absentee applications does not exempt the voter from providing identification. 

Regular Absentee Voters- by Mail 
Electors must submit Photo ID with their absentee application in order to receive a ballot. Proof of identification must be provided only once with the application (unless the voter re-registers with a new name or address).

Indefinitely Confined Absentee Voters 
Indefinitely confined voters and voters in special care facilities can provide a witness signature on their absentee ballot certificate envelope in substitute for showing Photo ID. 

For more information about about Voter Photo ID Law, visit or call the City of Verona Clerk's Office at 608-845-6495.

Contact Us

  1. Holly Licht


    City Hall

    111 Lincoln St.
    Verona, WI 53593

    Ph: 608-848-9947
    Fx: 608-845-8613

    Kayla Truman

    Deputy Clerk

    Ph: 608-845-6495
    Fx: 608-845-8613


    Monday - Thursday
    7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
    7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

    Staff Directory