The information below represents some of the notable calls for service handled by the Verona Police Department between Friday (5/13) evening and Monday (5/15) morning. This information is not all-inclusive, but rather preliminary information gathered from officers who investigated the calls.
- 5/12/23 @ 10:25 p.m. – After multiple reports of a dog being loose and running in traffic, an officer was able to capture the dog and transport it to VPD for temporary kenneling. Social media posts were made in an attempt to facilitate the dog’s return to its owner; however, no one contacted VPD to claim the dog. The dog was transported to the Dane County Humane Society and can be claimed by its owner there.
- 5/12/23 @ 11:02 p.m. – Officers were dispatched to a domestic disturbance involving a 40-year-old female and a 37-year-old male. The female party was arrested and booked into jail for Disorderly Conduct.
- 5/13/23 @ 8:46 a.m. – An officer located the suspect vehicle from a previously reported and investigated hit-and-run crash (4/11/23). The officer was able to gather necessary vehicle identification information; however, the registered owner could not be located.
- 5/13/23 @ 12:41 p.m. – Traffic complaint of a vehicle being operated erratically and illegally passing vehicles. Officers checked the area and were unable to locate the vehicle.
- 5/13/23 @ 4:03 p.m. – Officers assisted EMS with a 55-year-old intoxicated male who fell and injured his head and chest.
- 5/14/23 @ 12:04 p.m. – A 25-year-old male was arrested for Battery (Domestic Abuse), Disorderly Conduct (Domestic Abuse), as well as for violating the terms of his probation. He was booked into jail.
- 5/14/23 @ 4:20 p.m. – A 32-year-old driver was cited for speeding on USH 18/151 (84 in a 65MPH Zone)
- 5/14/23 @ 6:08 p.m. – While conducting speed enforcement on CTH M near Morningside Drive, an officer observed a vehicle traveling an estimated 75 MPH in the 35 MPH zone. The officer attempted to stop the vehicle; however, the vehicle entered a residential neighborhood, fled from the officer, and was unable to be located.
- 5/15/23 @ 5:18 a.m. – The speed awareness trailer was set up in the 800 block of Hemlock Drive in response to speeding vehicle complaints. Our speed awareness trailer collects speed data on passing vehicles, and in turn we determine when the best days and times are so we can enforce speed violations as efficiently as possible.